Electronic Documents Act of Canada. We want you to understand why we need your personal information, how the confidentiality of this information is protected and how you can find out what information concerning you is recorded. This policy applies to all Kay Savard programs and affiliates.
Personal information. Personal information is information that can be used to identify and/or contact you as an individual. This includes such information as your name, email address, and any physical and mental fitness information you have provided us. We do not store banking or credit card information; this is done through a secure method with Stripe.
Purposes. Kay Savard collects personal information for the following purposes:
- to understand your fitness and other related needs and objectives and to assist you in achieving them.
- to determine your eligibility for customer enrolment and for receiving our services.
- to best match you with a program and tailor any custom recommendations to your needs an goals
- to process your customer enrolment payments and to ensure that your account remains up-to-date.
- to invite you to participate in member surveys or other opinion-gathering devices that assist us in making our programs more responsive to your needs.
- to inform you of various matters relating to your customer enrolment and about our products and services that we believe may be of interest to you.
We may also combine your personal information with that of other individuals to create aggregate data which we will use, for example, to improve our products and services and develop new ones. Aggregate data, is general information about groups of customers but not about you as an individual.
We will not use or disclose your personal information for any purposes other than those for which it was collected, except with your consent or as required or authorized by law.
Consent. Your knowledge and consent are required for the collection, use or disclosure of your personal information. When you become a client of Kay Savard, you consent to the use of your personal information for the purposes listed above. You may refuse or withdraw your consent at any time; however, we may not then be able to provide you with our full range of services. We will advise you when you refuse or withdraw your consent of the impact that will have on what we are able to provide. For information on withdrawing your consent, please contact us in writing at the email address below.
Third-party disclosure. Kay Savard is not in the business of selling member information to others. We do contract with trusted companies to act on our behalf to fulfill certain functions. The names and email addresses of our customers may be transmitted to a third-party mailing service in order to inform you of products and services that we offer and that we believe may be of interest to you.
We may share limited data about your browsing patterns with select third parties, including google analytics and facebook advertising, for the purpose of developing future campaigns and gathering survey information.
Except as set out in this policy, or as required by law, Kay Savard will not sell or disclose any of your personal information to any other organization or transmit personal information to third parties without first obtaining your consent. Kay Savard may, however, disclose information in the following cases:
- to our lawyer
- to a police force, if required by law
- to a person authorized by a law or collective agreement
- to a government agency that can oblige us to do so in emergency situations in which life, health or safety of a member is in danger
- to all other persons authorized by law or to an agent retained by Kay Savard in connection with the collection of your account
Liability. We do not assume liability, as specified in our Meical Disclaimer, for accidents, delays, injuries, harm, loss, damage, death, lost profits, personal or business interruptions, misapplication of information, physical or mental disease, condition or issue, or otherwise, due to any act or default of anyone or any business, whether owners, staff, agents or otherwise, affiliated with Kay Savard.
Retention. We will only retain your personal information as long as is necessary for the fulfillment of the purposes for which it was collected or as required by law. Personal information is stored in a secure system until such time as it is no longer required, after which it is destroyed.
Accuracy. Kay Savard strives to maintain the accuracy and completeness of your personal information. You may ask us to delete or correct information contained in your file. The request for correction must be made in writing to the email address below.
Inquiries. All inquiries or complaints regarding privacy should be directed in writing to the email address below. All inquiries will be responded to within five (5) business days from the date on which Kay Savard receives the inquiry. Kay Savard can refuse access to a file in certain circumstances.